Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Golf Club Curtain Rod

We moved into our first home about a minute after we got married 13 years ago. Four houses later it's still my favorite, because I put my heart and soul into every square inch of it and I had the time to do it. Now my heart and soul are still there but the clock is working against me.

The family room ceilings were rather tall so I used long red checked drapery panels on all the windows. For curtain rods I used my dad's old golf clubs (circa 1972?). They fit perfectly and were such a great converstion piece since we lived right on the golf course!

You can find old clubs at yard sales and flea markets. Depending on the size of the window, you'll most likely need to use a man's driver since it's the longest club. Irons and other woods will work on many windows. Use any type of brackets to suspend the club.

Fishing poles and baseball bats (for smaller windows, or use two together) would be fun too!


Photobucket

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Martha, can I borrow you for a day? Seriously, I think you have the best eye for things of anyone I know. I remember those "rods" and thought they were so great!