Saturday, May 22, 2010

Have Tape, Will Travel

I have often found inspiration in the most unusual places, especially when it comes to design and decoration. Those of you who have been reading my blog for a while will agree that, many times, I will do my darndest to figure out how to use something way, way outside its intended use! This is one of the reasons why I love, love, love antique stores and flea markets!

That being said, I am conflicted as to what I think about these choices:


Yes, that is blue duct tape covering the fronts of both these cars. What's more, there were three others exactly like them! The explanations are endless. Could one of them have gotten into an accident, repaired his car with tape, and, in a show of solidarity, his friends all did the same? Were they going to a convention of duct tape-covered cars? Was this some sort of street racing club? It's difficult to say.

I do know that I desperately wish I had been able to get a picture of all 5 cars without being too obvious! I also know that the "Unorthodox Use Queen" in me applauds the drivers for figuring out a different way to add a splash of color to their vehicles. You might say it was as if my eyes were stuck to them (sorry! had to!)

While I can't say I endorse this sort of use for duct tape, I definitely give these guys an A for effort. If anybody out there knows where these gentlemen were headed, drop me line. I'd love to know!


Photobucket

No comments: